Ms. Tara, MS., CCC - SLP
Licensed and Certified Speech/Language Pathologist & Feeding Therapist
Tara is a speech/language pathologist and feeding therapist who is compassionate about helping children take small steps towards achieving their goals. She loves helping her patients engage with their peers, increase their vocabulary and comprehension, use gestures and eye contact to express themselves, and eat new foods independently. Her dedication towards collaborating with other professionals assists in her patients functional carryover of skills.
Tara completed the following continuing education courses:
-Feeding and Swallowing Disorders in Infancy: Assessment and Management
- Anxious Eaters and Anxious Mealtimes
- Picky Eating Through the Lens of Orofacial Myology
- Key Elements of Picky Eaters: Feeding Assessment
- Key Elements of Picky Eaters: Feeding Therapy
- Improving Pediatric Feeding Assessment Skills - Tongue Functioning
- Improving Pediatric Feeding Assessment Skills - Lip Functioning
- Beckman Oral Motor: Assessment and Intervention
- SOFFI (Supporting Oral Feeding in Fragile Infants)
Tara earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences from Purdue University and Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from Rush University.
Outside of work Tara enjoys cooking, baking, spending time with her family, reading, and traveling.
"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”